The Pueblo of Isleta is nestled in the scenic Rio Grande Valley, 15 miles south of Albuquerque on Interstate 25 Exit 215. It is one of the larger 19 Pueblos within New Mexico and was established in the 1300s.
The information posted here is published exclusively for Pueblo of Isleta Tribal Members.
Welcome to the Pueblo of Isleta.
COVID-19 Individual Assistance Program
The COVID-19 Individual Assistance Program is open to Isleta Tribal Members who are 18 years and older. The purpose of this Program is to provide emergency financial relief assistance to help individuals with utilities, food, personal protective equipment, disinfecting cleaning products, elderly care, and other emergency purchases related to COVID-19. Program assistance is limited to funding availability.
The Program will provide individual assistance in the amount of $1000 and covers expenses between March 1, 2020 through December 30, 2020. All applications submitted for this Program shall be maintained as a confidential record of the Pueblo of Isleta and will not be disclosed without the written consent of the applicant, except to the extent the disclosure is required pursuant to the CARES Act.
- Must be a Tribal Member 18 years or Older; and
- Must submit application certifying impact by COVID-19;
- Purchase of groceries, food, and meals;
- Personal care items such as face coverings, hand sanitizer, soap, hygiene products, and other personal protective equipment;
- Costs incurred for complying with Pueblo of Isleta curfew and other public health orders;
- Elderly care expenses;
- Utility expenses for electricity, gas, propane, firewood, water, sewer, waste disposal, internet, and phone bills;
- Unreimbursed medical expenses;
- Costs incurred to improve or create teleworking capabilities for work; and
- Other emergency expenses and purchases related to COVID-19.
Certification on Use of Funds:
By submitting an application, the Tribal Member certifies that any funds received are intended and will be used only for the purposes of offsetting unexpected or increased expenses due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in accordance with the terms of Section 5001of the CARES Act.
Pursuant to the guidance issued by the Internal Revenue Service on July 6, 2020, this assistance is non-taxable and excluded from the individual’s gross income under the General Welfare Exclusion.
How can we help you?
Welcome to the Pueblo of Isleta!
Click on any of the links or images below to find more information about the corresponding departments.
The Isleta Recreation provides various recreation programs and a park system that meet community needs and promotes community involvement in Recreation, Parks, Cultural Activities, Education,
Health, and Family Life Activities in well maintained, accessible and safe facilities. Learn More
Higher Education Program
Higher Education Program
Contact the Pueblo of Isleta
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1270, Isleta, NM 87022 | Phone: (505) 869-3111 | Fax: (505) 869-7596