Isleta Higher Education

The Higher Education Program may provide supplemental financial assistance to college students.  Eligibility is determined based upon submission and review of various required documentation.  Contact POI/HEP to speak with a representative to achieve your higher education!

Contact Us:

Lisa Smith
Scholarship Coordinator
Johnna Shije
Scholarship Assistant

Very Important to Remember!

Email addresses:
Are very important.  Isleta Scholarship Program provides all correspondence; such as award letters or letters to the school on behalf of students, vial email only.

Immediately report any changes to enrollment status, withdrawal or contact information to POI/HEP.

Free Federal Student Aid Assistance:
Raymond  Archibeque assists in completing the FAFSA form.  He is available by appointment only, every Wednesday from 9:00am to 1:00pm.  Please call the Department of Education to schedule an appointment.

Official Transcripts:
Continuing students are required to submit at the end of each term.

*Failure to provide Official Transcripts may delay or suspend your scholarship  award*


Application Due Dates

Applications ​
For the current Academic Year, New/Continuing students please submit Isleta Scholarship Applications on/or before deadline dates:
Full Academic Year (August-May)
Fall Semester/Term (August-December)
Spring/Winter Semester/Term (January-May)
​Summer Semester/Term (May-July)
July 1st
July 1st
November 1st
April 1st
Supporting Documentation
All students must submit All Required Documents to determine eligibility on/or before deadline dates.  Some of these documents may already be in your file, please call Higher Education to verify.
Full Academic Year (August-May)
Fall Semester/Term (August-December)
Spring/Winter Semester/Term (January-May)
​Summer Semester/Term (May-July)
August 31st
August 31st
December 31st
May 31st

Funding will not be provided if documents are received after these deadline dates.

​FAFSA – Free Application for Federal Student Aid: ​

The office of Federal Student Aid provides grants, loans, and work-study funds for college or career schools.

Please contact UNM-EOC (University of New Mexico – Educational Opportunity Center) to help you!!

Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday  8:00am – 5:00pm

UAEC Building 85, 2nd Floor, Suite 250
Albuquerque, NM  87131

Phone: (505) 277-2203
Fax: (505) 277-3165

All Pueblo of Isleta Tribal Students are required to complete and submit a FAFSA for each academic year.